So it's been a while since I've done a Monday Mission, but I'm doing one this week just 'cuz I feel like it!
1. Have you ever felt like you were expected to set a good example for others? Definately. I grew up as the pastor's kid and that is a huge part of it. The feeling that you have to be the "good girl" because your dad's the pastor.
2. What keeps you on the right path? For example, why do you think you turned out the way you did as opposed to the nut ball sniper out there? The simple answer is God. The more complicated answer is that I'm who I am because of the way I was raised and the experiences I've had, and the way those things have affected me.
3. Sometimes things seem different than they really are. When was the last time you believed something to be one way only to learn you had it all wrong? Wow, that's a hard one. The only thing I can think of is work related. Over a year ago someone who I thought was my friend became my supervisor. He made a number of promises and I figured that it would be good because he was a friend. Boy was I wrong! It ended up being a nightmare with him telling me one thing to my face and then telling other people something else entirely. Anyway, it was bad and I hope I'm never in a similar situation again!
4. Can you recall a time when being alert and observant kept you safe? Well, not really. The closest I can think of would be when I'm driving. Obviously when you're driving it's very important to be alert & observant! There's that experience that I think everyone's had at least once. When you're next to a semi and it starts moving over... I really don't like semis.
5. Who in your personal circle of relationships do you think is smarter than you? Are they smarter in just one area, or overall? How do you feel about that? How do they interact with you? Well, Joe is smarter than me about computers (and I'm pretty good to start with!), but he's really nice about explaining and helping me out. He showed me how to map my ftp onto my computer just like any other drive so I can access it with windows explorer instead of having to use the clunky browse/upload one file at a time thing. I've always had a really smart group of friends (yeah ok, I was in the nerd group in high school) so it's always been normal to be in a group where we're all pretty intelligent. It's always been my experience that there's always someone who's smarter than you and there's always someone who's... well... not!
6. Let's daydream a little: Describe in detail the most perfect lazy day, start to finish. Stay in bed till I wake up, stay there for a little longer too. Watch TV, surf the web, stay in my pajamas for as long as possible. Snuggle with Dolce. Read a book, or at least part of one. Go to a movie (if there's something good to see of course).
7. Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what as? If not, how come? What is the most favorite costume you ever had? No, Halloween has never been a very big holiday for me. It was fun when I was really little, but I haven't gotten into it since middle school. My favorite costume? Probably Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia. I went as him in either 4th or 5th grade. It was a costume my mom made for me.
BONUS: Come on baby tell me what’s the word? persnickity