I couldn't resist this particular friday five. My faith is so important to me.
1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith? Yep, Christianity. The Lutheran Bretheren denomination to be exact.
2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not? Yep. I don't go to church regularly any more, but I do go on occasion. I went through the teenage "I'm mad at God" phase, but now I'm back. I trust Him to take care of me. I pray, both to say thanks and to ask for His help.
3. What do you think happens after death? If you have taken Jesus Christ as your savior then he will take you to be with Him in Heaven. If you have rejected Him, then you are stuck forever banished from Him. Otherwise known as Hell.
4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)? One of my favorite things growning up was the candlelight services. At my church we had candlelight services on Christmas Eve and on Good Friday. Both were amazingly powerful. More than once I've started crying during services just thinking of the amazing sacrifice Jesus made for us. Easter is always fun too. It's such a joyful day. But the candlelight services are definately my favorite.
5. Do you believe people are basically good? Tough question. I tend to believe that most people are good. But, all of us are sinful. The words "good" & "bad" are separate ideas from the idea of sin. A person could be very "good" but no matter what a person does in their life, they are sinful until they accept Jesus as their savior. So the idea of "good" & "bad" become irrelevant. In God's eyes we are all sinful, we're just forgiven or not.
Just so everyone knows... I'm more than willing to discuss religion/beliefs with people. I am NOT willing to argue. There is a difference. OK, lecture over.